Friday, March 4, 2011

A Garden Affair - Willie Holmes

A Garden Affair
There’s this girl, and whenever I wonder what California sunshine looks like,
I just have to look at her smile.
With eyes like mahogany rose petals,
Palm reading eyelids,
I wonder do you see our future in them.
Do you see us lying on a couch, while I whisper tongue scratched love notes in your ear?
, The world’s greatest romance on this side of the heavens.
Road maps to my dreams are etched on your lips.
I want our first kiss to be like the first time I said hello to you,
You turned my stomach into a birdcage, hummingbirds dancing with the reflection of your shadow.
We sat in that garden while the wind played saxophone through the trees.
Turning the air into a jazz club,
And whenever you’re away I wonder where th
e trumpets went.


This Poem is By over very own H3ADPHON3Z and it is currently in the Rugby Poets Clubs Presents The Hunt For The Next Great Poet, Show your supports for H3ADPHON3Z and vote at http://apps.facebook.com/rugby_poets_club/poems/view/3

No comments: